JETSWEAT is a online fitness streaming platform that lets you take all your favorite boutique fitness classes wherever you may be.
My responsibility was to redesign the company’s website and fitness streaming web app platform to increase user conversion and retention rates. I also built several new features, including two way live video class, JETSWEAT community, and users’ live biometric data. All designs were shipped and is being implemented by developers.
1. The user conversion and retention rates are both quite low. The CEO wants to redesign the website, especially the sign up page, to encourage people to sign up and start their free trials.
2. The CEO wants to build a more engaging and intuitive user experience to build a strong user base in preparation for the future market expansion.
1. Redesign the website layout and UI elements to improve visual hierarchy and esthetics
2. Optimize information architecture and UX to increase user conversion and retention rates
3. Build new features to add more value to the fitness streaming web app platform
To better understand the products, I did heuristics evaluations and went through user flows as a part of the product audits.
The UI design is the main problem for the website, including
1. Misalignment issue (text, component, and image)
2. Inconsistent design
3. Confusing visual hierarchy
4. Outdated design pattern and page layout
Accessibility and legibility issue
1. The brand green color is very muted, which is hard for people to see. The color contrast ratios don't pass the accessibility regulation.
2. Due to the muted brand color, the CTA buttons and links are often being neglected.
3. Some texts are too small and have readability issues.
Confusing UX flows
1. The website contains duplicate and redundant information, which might be counterintuitive to users.
2. Some user flows are confusing without clear guidance and actions users can take.
3. The overall UX design is not engaging and welcoming enough for users to sign up and try out the products.
One of the business problems is that people go to the sign up page and then drop. A large amount of people never sign up and start their free trials. Therefore, another main task for me was to redesign the sign up page to improve the user conversion rate.
According to the users' feedback, we are missing some important features compared to our competitors. Thus, I built several new features, including JETSWEAT community, two-way live video class and users’ live biometric data, to add more value to the products.
1. All my final designs are shipped and implemented by developers.
2. According to users' feedbacks, the redesigned pages are more visually pleasing and easy to understand. The newly added features are proved to be valuable and helpful to the users.